Saturday, February 2, 2008

Whoa, Whoa, I, I Can't Wait to See You Again . . .

Does anyone out there, besides my Sister, remember watching the Mickey Mouse Club? M-I-C See you real soon K-E-Y Why? because I love you M-O-U-S-E. How about Kids Incorporated? We're Kids Incorporated K-I-D-S . . . I remember those shows a little too much I think. I'll be the first to admit, I am a huge fan of High School Musical and I know every word to every song, and I do enjoy watching Hannah Montana from time to time, and I do sing along every time I hear her(Hannah? Miley?) busting out with Best of Both Worlds, "Chillin' out take it slow, then you rock out the show" at the beginning of each episode. Why then, am I a little disturbed to hear Miley Cyrus on my radio station every time I turn it on? Furthermore, why do I ALWAYS turn up the volume when I hear her song?
I realize my radio station is full of former Mousketeers gone big, or gone bad, and this whole Miley thing shouldn't bother me, but it's Miley and she's like 14 years old, and why is she making more money than me?
Christina Aguilera, former Mouseketeer comes on the radio, and "I'm thanking her for knowing exactly what a girl wants, what a girl needs . . . ." Britney Spears, former Mousketeer, comes on the radio, and though I have never been a Britney fan, I know EVERY word to Piece of Me. Justin Timberlake, former Mousketeer, comes on the radio and whenever I hear the interlude to Lovestoned I Think She Knows, "those flashing lights come from everywhere" and I have a sudden desire to marry the man, seriously, and I don't even think he's that cute, but oh man, that song just gets me everytime! Then there's Vannessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale whom I equally love, and the Jonas Brothers whom I could give or take, but MILEY . . . . she's so cute, and so young, and "seems" so innocent, and shouldn't her songs only be on Radio Disney? Maybe I feel as if my radio station will corrupt her? And come to think of it, I really don't even know why I'm writing any of this, except CC said to me this evening, "I'm so glad the radio is playing Disney songs," and quite possibly that comment made me think . . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The last time I freaked out
I just kept lookin' down
I st-st-stuttered when
You asked me what I'm thinkin' 'bout . . . .
And next time we hang out
I will redeem myself
My heart can't rest 'til then
Whoa, whoa,I,I can't waitTo see you again
-Miley Cyrus

1 comment:

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

sorry.. im not going to sympathize with the Miley thing i actually don't know a single song.. i can sing the chorus of best of both worlds..and i can sing a little bit of the year 3000.. but thats all that im admitting..

the real reason i am here.. is so you can check out that i updated my blogger profile.

it doesnt quite go to my webpage if you click on me.. but i did put a note so that people can find it..

is that better??

by the way.. we had a rep in today that lives in Folosm and has been to everyone of the plays that CC was in!
I thought that was cool!
She said she never misses them!

anyway... thats all..

oh..and my butt hurts.. a lot!

thats really all..