Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Oh, is that what they were saying . . .

I promise you there is a post about Little Sis coming soon, but, not tonight because you see, it requires me to post pictures and I do not have enough wine in my house right now to relax me enough to be able to deal with uploading pictures!!! Soooooooooo, for now, I have yet another theater story for you, well it's kind of a theater story, well whatever it is, it is sure to be exciting . . . this is when all of the non-gullible people log off . . .

Last night Charming Child and I went to a gourmet food party, forty-five minutes away from home might I add . . . okay, honestly who cares how far away from home you have to go to get free food, free gourmet food!! So what if the cost of the gas you spent to get to the free food is way more than driving one mile to the "gourmet" Taco Bell to buy your own food . . . sometimes you just have to go out on a limb! So, we drive through the mountains and finally get to the house, park on the street and walk up the driveway, which I am not kidding is as steep and as tall as Half Dome (which by the way, I have hiked before, though not when hungry!) CC and I trek up the driveway, and halfway there she says, "Are you sure this is the right house?" I say, "I really don't care if this is the right house or not at this point, whoever answers the door is feeding us!!" Seriously, anyone who can make it to the top of this driveway deserves a free meal!!

Well, we did indeed make it to the top, and it was the right house, and the food was fabulous!! We stayed for a few hours, then made our way to the front and as we were saying goodbye to the gracious hostess, her husband came home with their seven year old daughter and her (I believe, seven year old) friend. The girls got out of the car and we said hi to the daughter, and just then, her friend, whom I have never seen in my life, says to me, "Hey, I remember you."

"You remember me?'

"Yes, I remember your hair."

"Where do you remember my hair from?'

"From the show."

"Oh, did you see Spyquest?"

"Yes, and I remember your hair from when you were standing outside."

"I am so glad you saw Spyquest. Did you like it?"

"Yep, I really liked the song 'I need some coffee and a paper cut.' "

And, this is about the time when I laughed so hard, I almost rolled all the way to the basin of Half Dome!!

After several weeks of listening to the music from Spyquest, I guess I just assumed that everyone knew the words to the songs from the musical. So, if this little girl got 'I need some coffee and a paper cut' out of 'Come get your coffee in a paper cup' I wonder what everyone else heard?? Hmmmm . . . . Oh, out of the mouths of babes!

3 comments:

TEACHBROECK said...

That is too FUNNY! Food sounds yum-o although I am suker for cheap Toaco Bell!!!!

TEACHBROECK said...

PS GREAT PIC!!!! Although being twins for awhile was fun!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

How come i didnt hear about this dinner thing?? You couldn't have called me at 11:00 to talk about it? Oh wait.. maybe that is why you callled me at 11..

Thats funny that a little girl remembered you by your hair.. im suprised people dont recognize you by the necklace! like.. oh yea.. you're that girl with the necklace!

By the way... I catch Em singing that song everyonce in awhile! Mostly i just hear her humming it.. its quite catchy! :)